Encourage Students to Engage in Math and Science
The TI-84 Plus Graphing Calculator is ideal for high school math and science. It’s MathPrint technology engages students by enabling them to enter fractions and equations in proper notation to they see it on the display exactly as it’s printed in texts and on the board.
Take it to the Test
Standardized testing organizations have approved the TI-84 Plus calculator for use on the PSAT, SAT, and ACT college entrance exams, IB and AP tests. SAT & AP are registered trademarks of the college entrance examination board, which was not involved in the production of and does not endorse this product. ACT is a registered trademark of ACT, Inc., which does not endorse this product. IB is a registered trademark of the international baccalaureate organization.
Webinars, tutorials, workshops and courses delivered by experienced, certified T³ instructors to help you meet your classroom goals. For more than 25 years, the T³ organization has been providing professional development that combines content-rich curriculum, hands-on technology training and compelling instruction on best teaching practices.
84 Activity Central
Subject-specific lessons and tools that help students gain an understanding of math and science concepts. Find activities written for the TI-83 Plus, TI-84 Plus and TI-84 Plus CE.
Carry it from High School to College
TI graphing calculators are durable, multi-functional educational tools that meet student’s critical math and science requirements from high school through college.
Get Students Talking About Math and Science
TI-SmartView CE emulator software for the TI-84 Plus family is a proven tool for engaging students and encouraging them to explore important principles and concepts. The software supports Mac and PC computers, and it integrates with your existing projection system or interactive whiteboard to display a simulation of the calculator’s screen and keypad to the class.
Keep Track of Classroom Calculators
Easily distinguish classroom handhelds from student-owned calculators with EZ-Spot loss prevention features. The “School bus yellow” back cover, slide case and faceplate inscribed “School property” provide effective theft deterrence.
Upgrade to a New Dimension of Visualization
The TI-84 Plus CE graphing calculator features a captivating color display that enables students to see equations, data and graphs clearly and make stronger connections.
In Addition to the High-Visibility Color Innovation, the TI-84 Plus CE Calculator’s Other Key Features Include:
– 30% lighter and thinner than earlier generation TI-84 Plus models
– Vibrant backlit color screen
– TI-rechargeable battery
– Pre-loaded apps and images
– MathPrint functionality
– Capability to import photos from a computer to the calculator and graph on top of the images to create an engaging learning experience
– Approved for PSAT, SAT and ACT college entrance exams; and for AP tests that allow or require a graphing calculator
– Electronically upgradeable graphing calculator allows you to have the most up-to-date functionality and software applications (Apps)
– USB Cable and TI Connect CE software allow information to be transferred to and from a computer
– Supports TI basic and ASM programming
– Programming capability with the number of programs limited only by available memory
– App SDK available
Data Collection Support
Compatible with CBL 2 system, CBR 2 motion sensor, Vernier EasyLink and Vernier EasyTemp systems to allow collection and analysis of real-world data
TI-SmartView emulator software for the TI-84 Plus family software. Allow educators to project a representation of the calculator’s display to the entire class. It is an ideal demonstration tool for leading classroom instruction of math and science concepts.
– Included Apps – Cabri Jr, catalog help, conic graphing, inequality graphing, learning check, polynomial root finder and simultaneous equation solver, probability simulation, science tools, studycards, topics in algebra 1, transformation graphing, vernier easydata
– Apps are available from TI and other leading developers
– Real and complex numbers calculated to 14-digit accuracy and displayed with 10 digits plus a 2-digit exponent
– Graphs 10 rectangular functions, 6 parametric expressions, 6 polar expressions and 3 recursively-defined sequences
– Up to 10 graphing functions defined, saved, graphed and analyzed at one time
– Sequence graphing mode shows time series plot, cobweb/ stair-step plot and phase plots
– Matrix operations including inverse, determinant, transpose, augment, reduced row echelon form and elementary row operations. Convert matrices to lists and vice-versa
– One-year limited warranty
– Classroom activities available
– Workshop Loan Program: borrow TI calculators for evaluation or workshops
– TI Technology Rewards program: point values redeemable for additional TI products and services
– 7 different graph styles for differentiating the look of each graph drawn
– Horizontal and vertical split- screen options
– User-defined list names, lists store up to 999 elements
– 14 interactive zoom features
– Function evaluation table shows numeric evaluation of functions in table format
– Interactive analysis of function values, roots, maximums, minimums, integrals and derivatives
– 8-line by 16-character display
– Powered by 4 AAA batteries with a lithium battery backup to protect RAM memory during main battery change
– Impact-resistant slide case
– TI Connectivity Cable included
– 480 KB ROM memory for data archive and storage of Apps
– 24KB of available RAM memory
– Available Teacher Pack (EZ-Spot) that Includes:
– 10 calculators
– 5 USB computer cables
– 5 unit-to-units cables
– 1 Getting started guide
– 1 Classroom poster
– Advanced functions accessed through pull-down display menus
– List-based one- and two-variable statistical analysis, including logistic, sinusoidal, median-median, linear, logarithmic, exponential, power, quadratic polynomial, cubic polynomial, and quadratic polynomial regression models
– 3 statistical plot definitions for scatter plots, xy-line plots, histograms, regular and modified box-and-whisker plots, and normal probability plots
– Advanced statistics features including 10 hypothesis testing functions, 7 confidence interval functions and one-way analysis of variance
– 15 probability distribution functions including normal, student-t, chi-square, binomial and poisson
– Business functions including time-value-of-money (TVM), cash flows, and amortization. Full-screen interactive editor for solving TVM problems
– Interactive equation solver editor for solving for different variables in an equation.
– Alphabetical catalog of all TI calculator operations in one menu
– All TI-83 Plus graphing calculators are fully compatible with TI-84 Plus family calculators